- Facing a budget crunch, the TSA wants to offer buyouts to 3,000 administrators.
- In an impressive about-face, congressional Republicans say extending the payroll tax cut "adds needlessly to the nation's budget deficit."
- The CIA wants to take a black marker to an FBI agent's account of 9/11.
- Citing death threats, the Orange County D.A. is refusing to release the names of the Fullerton police officers who beat Kelly Thomas into a life-ending coma.
- Cartel gunmen in Monterrey, once Mexico's safest city, burned 53 people alive in a casino yesterday.
- On reforming the witness ID system: "Of 273 convictions that have been overturned because DNA showed authorities had the wrong person, eyewitnesses had pointed to the wrong person 75 percent of the time."
- DOJ raids Gibson Guitars. Again.
New at Reason.tv: "Romney Edges Perry in New Reason-Rupe Poll"