A Happy Friday! list of criminal justice outrages…
- The persecution of Joel Rosenberg.
- Los Angeles teen charged with "attempted lynching" for videotaping a policewoman's encounter with another teen. (Or, possibly, for being mistaken for another teen who yelled "Kick her ass!" during the altercation.)
- Portland police officer responsible for five police abuse settlements costing taxpayers more than a million dollars . . . is promoted to sergeant.
- Cleveland Plain Dealer investigation finds Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Bill Mason "has pursued criminal charges against hundreds of people over the past decade despite having little or no evidence against them."
- Feds, Missouri state police aiming to seize an outdoor music venue because owner didn't do enough to prevent drug use during concerts.
- "A USA TODAY investigation has found that prosecutors have little reason to fear losing their jobs, even if they violate laws or constitutional safeguards designed to ensure the justice system is fair."