On this week's edition of the Reason Roundtable, Matt Welch, Katherine Mangu-Ward, Peter Suderman, and Nick Gillespie reflect on where they were on 9/11, the subsequent policy shifts we still see today, and the new Texas abortion law.
Discussed in the show:
1:08: How 9/11 influenced our lives.
29:50: Weekly Listener Question: Reason frequently makes the case that, "if Republicans do x, what's to stop Democrats from doing x against Republicans?" However, is that a good argument when Democrats are already doing what Reason claims Republicans should be worried about?
37:50: What the Social Security and Medicare Boards of Trustees' entitlement report tells us.
47:11: Media recommendations for the week.
This weeks links:
- "Conservatives Should Worry About the Texas Abortion Law Too," by Damon Root
- "Rep. Peter Meijer Is 'Furious' at the White House's Afghanistan 'Lies'," by Matt Welch
- "Social Security Will Be Insolvent in 12 Years," by Eric Boehm
- "Key Medicare Fund Will Be Insolvent in Just Five Years," by Peter Suderman
- Plus, subscribe to Reason to get get an early read of Brian Doherty's October issue cover story on the Patriot Act.
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your social media handle and the correct pronunciation of your name.
- Living in a digital age where your personal data are always under attack, your online privacy seems to be a thing of the past. Did you know there is a way to protect your information and privacy without worrying about Big Tech mining and stealing your private data? Introducing Sekur—an encrypted instant messaging and secure email service hosted in Switzerland, where the world's strictest data privacy laws are applied. Take back your privacy and online security with Sekur, by going to Sekur.com.
- If you feel something interfering with your happiness or holding you back from your goals, BetterHelp is an accessible and affordable source for professional counseling. BetterHelp assesses your needs and matches you with a licensed therapist you can start talking to in under 24 hours, all online.
Audio production by Ian Keyser
Assistant production by Regan Taylor
Music: "Angeline," by The Brothers Steve