President Donald Trump: "Take the guns first, go through due process second."
- Sen. Ben Sasse: "We have the Second Amendment and due process of law for a reason. We're not ditching any Constitutional protections simply because the last person the President talked to today doesn't like them."
- Hope Hicks will resign from her position as White House communications director.
- "Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III has been investigating a period of time last summer when President Trump seemed determined to drive Attorney General Jeff Sessions from his job, according to people familiar with the matter who said that a key area of interest for the inquiry is whether those efforts were part of a months-long pattern of attempted obstruction of justice."
- The Trump administration is expected to announce new tariffs on steel and aluminum.
- Vladimir Putin says Russia has developed nuclear weapons capable of avoiding missile defense systems.