The scandal over alleged mismanagement at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs keeps growing.
- The NSA is recording every cellphone call in the Bahamas. Meanwhile, a new comic book about NSA whistle-blower Edward Snowden will hit the shelves tomorrow.
- In a commencement speech at Baltimore's Morgan State University, Attorney General Eric Holder criticized the U.S. Supreme Court, and Chief Justice John Roberts in particular, for failing "to take account of racial inequality, especially in its less obvious forms."
- Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev says "we are slowly but surely approaching a second cold war."
- Martial law has been declared in Thailand.
- Police in the Michigan town of Brighton have started ticketing people for swearing in public.