- Gary Johnson to New Mexico's Capitol Report: "There's no expectation, none whatsoever" of doing well in New Hampshire. "We were hosting town halls every night [in New Hampshire] and basically nobody was showing up."
- Police arrested over 200 people at the Occupy L.A. protest on Wednesday morning.
- Nine out of 10 schools in the UK will close and airline passengers in the country will face delays of 12 hours as roughly 2 million British public sector workers strike in response to austerity measures.
- The author of a book on Pakistan policy that President Obama is currently reading tells POLITICO, "U.S. policy is incredibly confused. … What you're trying to do is completely contradictory, and time is running out."
- U.S. News & World Report: "Declassified Memo Hinted of 1941 Hawaii Attack"
- AFP: Greece "saved overnight with a slice of rescue money."
- Senate votes 60-38 to give the U.S. military power to arrest and indefinitely detain U.S. citizens suspected of terrorism.
New at Reason.tv: "California vs. The Feds: Obama's DOJ Cracks Down on Medical Marijuana"