Matt Welch Interviews C.J. Ciaramella About Pot Politics on Sirius XM Insight
Molly Jong-Fast, Phillip Klein, Rachel Lears, and Jaime Kirchick also join on channel 121 from 9-12 am ET. Call in to heckle at 1-877-974-7487!
For the next four mornings I'll be sitting in the guest-host chair for Stand UP! with Pete Dominick on Sirius XM Insight (channel 121) from 9–12 a.m. eastern time. There will be a LOT of discussion about the 2020 presidential election, actual government policies that affect actual humans, and (as ever) things that make me go heh. Today's guest-list includes:
* Beloved Reason criminal justice reporter C.J. Ciaramella, who will talk about the latest reform efforts on the state, local, and federal levels; where the 2020 candidates stand on incarceration and weed, and maybe a bit on the state of government transparency.
* Documentary filmmaker Rachel Lears, director of the brand new film Knock Down the House, which follows four upstart Democratic women candidates who sought to primary incumbents in 2018. You might recognize the one who won. Here's the trailer, which was released Monday:
* Washington Examiner Executive Editor Phillip Klein, who yesterday stone cold got ratio'd for this tweet:
New post: "Elizabeth Warren's plan to cancel student loan debt would be a slap in the face to all those who struggled to pay off their loans" https://t.co/4g6No2MRVm
— Philip Klein (@philipaklein) April 22, 2019
* Brookings/Tablet/Deep State** contributor Jamie Kirchick, author of a forthcoming history of gay D.C., who will talk about the meaning and import of South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg's surprisingly traction-gaining candidacy for president.
(**I am kidding, though also eager to ask about this 2016 piece.)
* Shit-stirring New York writer Molly Jong-Fast, who will talk about why "Bill de Blasio 2020 Is a Terrible Idea."
You can call into the program at any time, 1-877-974-7487, to heckle either me or the guests, though please do treat the latter with at least token decorum.