President Donald Trump wants the Senate Intelligence Committee to start looking into "fake news."
- "In her first public statement since the Las Vegas massacre, the gunman's girlfriend said on Wednesday that he had sent her on a trip to the Philippines and wired her money there, but that she did not know he had been planning to harm anyone."
- Republican senators are signaling some willingness to consider gun control legislation that would ban "bump stocks."
- Three U.S. Army Green Berets were killed in an ambush in Niger.
- British writer Kazuo Ishiguro has won the Nobel Prize in Literature.
- Archeologists: Santa Claus is dead.