Donald Trump's weekend fallout continues. House Speaker Paul Ryan says he will not be campaigning for Trump or defending him, focusing instead on promoting House candidates and the GOP agenda. A poll taken after the release of the infamous Trump tape on Friday but before the debate shows Clinton's lead growing. But Mike Pence is still on board the Trump train!
- Today is Columbus Day, so of course, politics and outrage over how awful the man was and attempts to change the name of a holiday that nobody actually observes anyway (except as a day off).
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg says she thinks the sports-related protests of the national anthem to publicize police abuse are "really dumb."
- A man in London has been charged of several counts of planning terrorism, one of which includes using encryption as part of an effort to plan an attack. Encryption is still (at the moment) technically legal in Great Britain but can lead to additional charges if connected to terrorism accusations.
- A man in Waynesboro, Virginia, has settled a lawsuit against police there after he was forced into an involuntary psychiatric care for five whole days after a physical ailment was confused with a psychotic disorder.
- Two police officers killed in Palm Springs, California, over the weekend were apparently targeted by a gang member intending to kill police, according to the suspect's own father.
Cops laugh about “probable cause on four legs” but the damage to innocent lives is real.
Plus: The gas crisis, it's time to free Reality Winner, and more...
He Lost His Eye After a Cop Allegedly Fired a Tear Gas Canister at His Face. The Officer Says He Has Qualified Immunity.
If the officer succeeds, the victim will not be allowed to sue on those claims.
The media fell in love with her. But there's little to her claims.
The CDC Director Misrepresented the Study She Cited To Justify Her Misleading Estimate of Outdoor COVID-19 Risk
Rochelle Walensky's gloss is puzzling in light of the evidence presented in the systematic review on which she relied.