The FBI published transcripts of Omar Mateen's calls to 911 during his deadly attack on Orlando gay club Pulse, but "omitted" some references of him pledging loyalty to the Islamic State. The FBI later in the day unredacted and re-released the transcripts.
- Donald Trump has dumped campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, which seems to be getting about as much press as the Orlando attack transcripts.
- The Supreme Court ruled, 5-3, that courts don't necessarily have to throw out evidence of crimes that police obtain during illegal searches. There are going to be some very terrible consequences for this decision.
- The Supreme Court also declined to hear a challenge to Connecticut's law banning some semi-automatic weapons and large capacity magazines.
- Also, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas is reportedly considering retirement.
- Three members of the New York Police Department and a fund-raiser for Mayor Bill de Blasio were busted for corruption charges and bribery.
The black market still dominates. And more enforcement and fines aren’t going to fix it.
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
Advocating for gun control is no longer enough. On Thursday night, the Democratic presidential candidates promised gun confiscation.
The "assault weapons" that the presidential contender wants to confiscate are not especially deadly, but the symbolism of that policy is poisonous.