Barack Obama will deliver the last State of the Union address of his presidency tonight.
- South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley will give the Republican response to Obama's State of the Union speech.
- A suicide bomber has killed at least 10 in a popular tourist area in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is reportedly considering a third-party run for the presidency.
- Bernie Sanders: "Secretary Clinton and her campaign is in serious trouble."
- Alabama beat Clemson last night to win the College Football Playoff National Championship.
New at Reason
- Brickbat: It's a Man's Man's Man's World By Charles Oliver
- The Oregon Standoff Is Only a Glimpse at Western Anger with the Feds Federal dominance of western lands sets Americans against each other and fuels anger at Washington, D.C. By J.D. Tuccille
- California's Version of Pot Protectionism The Golden State's leading marijuana initiative limits competition, favoring small producers. By Jacob Sullum
- Humans Innovate Their Way Out of Scarcity Decline in commodities prices since the 1960s illustrates the enduring wisdom of Julian Simon. By Marian Tupy