Is Joe Biden going to enter the 2016 presidential race? It sure looks like he might.
- Scientists Takaaki Kajita of Japan and Arthur B. McDonald of Canada have been awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics.
- Edward Snowden says he is willing to go to prison in order to return to the United States. "So far they've said they won't torture me, which is a start, I think. But we haven't gotten much further than that," Snowden told the BBC.
- "The gunman who killed nine people at an Oregon community college said in writings he left behind that everyone else was 'crazy' and ranted about not having a girlfriend, a law enforcement official said Monday."
- At least nine dams have broken in South Carolina in the wake of the weekend's massive rainfalls, prompting evacuations.
- An American Airlines pilot died mid-flight between Phoenix and Boston.
New at Reason
- Brickbat: Service with a Smile By Charles Oliver
- Let States Build Their Own Highways Congress can't pass a real transportation bill. And it shouldn't have to. By Veronique de Rugy
- With 3D-Printed Guns Beyond Control, DIY Nukes Are the Chic New Concern Increasingly sophisticated homemade guns are so entrenched cops fear their use by organized crime, so now let's fret over desktop weapons of mass destruction. By J.D. Tuccille