Two teenage girls in Nigeria carried out a suicide bombing, the fourth in the last month in Maiduguri, the birthplace of Boko Haram.
- The Environmental Protection Agency warns 57,000 Americans could die by the year 2100 because of climate change and, specifically, poor air quality.
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is looking to hire 1,300 new police officers in his $78.5 billion budget. Russell Simmons called him a "bitch" on policing.
- The six police officers in Baltimore charged in relation to the death of Freddie Gray while in their custody all entered pleas of not guilty.
- Maryland Governor Larry Hogan announced he had an advanced form of cancer.
- The rapper Puff Daddy was arrested by campus police at UCLA on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon.
- Modern humans and Neanderthals may have interbred in Europe thousands of years later than previously believed.
Fairfax County, Virginia, allows home businesses but prohibits them from keeping inventory on site.
The democratic socialist congresswoman has lamented that the public-school system hinges on zip codes.
In one month, two sheriff's deputies in Florida have been arrested for fabricating drug evidence during traffic stops.