Two teenage girls in Nigeria carried out a suicide bombing, the fourth in the last month in Maiduguri, the birthplace of Boko Haram.
- The Environmental Protection Agency warns 57,000 Americans could die by the year 2100 because of climate change and, specifically, poor air quality.
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is looking to hire 1,300 new police officers in his $78.5 billion budget. Russell Simmons called him a "bitch" on policing.
- The six police officers in Baltimore charged in relation to the death of Freddie Gray while in their custody all entered pleas of not guilty.
- Maryland Governor Larry Hogan announced he had an advanced form of cancer.
- The rapper Puff Daddy was arrested by campus police at UCLA on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon.
- Modern humans and Neanderthals may have interbred in Europe thousands of years later than previously believed.
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
Navy Confirms Authenticity of UFO Videos Published by Blink-182 Frontman's Extraterrestrial Research Organization
The videos show a U.S. military jet's encounter with what appears to be a fast-moving, unidentified object.
Conservatives deploy state power to go after speech they don't like.
Many arms of government are unpopular with large swathes of the American population.
The U.S. incarcerates people for petty crimes at an alarming rate.