Teenage Girls in Nigeria Carry Out Suicide Bombing, EPA Warns of Thousands of Deaths from Climate Change, Bill de Blasio Looking to Hire 1,300 New Cops: A.M. Links
Two teenage girls in Nigeria carried out a suicide bombing, the fourth in the last month in Maiduguri, the birthplace of Boko Haram.
- The Environmental Protection Agency warns 57,000 Americans could die by the year 2100 because of climate change and, specifically, poor air quality.
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is looking to hire 1,300 new police officers in his $78.5 billion budget. Russell Simmons called him a "bitch" on policing.
- The six police officers in Baltimore charged in relation to the death of Freddie Gray while in their custody all entered pleas of not guilty.
- Maryland Governor Larry Hogan announced he had an advanced form of cancer.
- The rapper Puff Daddy was arrested by campus police at UCLA on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon.
- Modern humans and Neanderthals may have interbred in Europe thousands of years later than previously believed.