General Motors has been fined $35 million by the feds for failing to report in a timely fashion problems with ignition switches in 2.6 million of its cars.
- A news editor for CNN's London bureau has been fired for repeated plagiarism offenses in about 50 published stories.
- Students at the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota won't get to celebrate "Hump Day" with a live camel because somebody worried that might be racist somehow.
- A pregnant woman in Sudan is facing a death sentence for refusing to recant her Christian faith.
- This weekend marks 10 years since Massachusetts became the first state to legally recognize same-sex marriages.
- The Swiss head to the polls this weekend to vote on whether to institute the world's highest minimum wage, the equivalent of $25 dollars per hour.