Former Speaker Tom Foley Dies, GOP Turns Attention to Obamacare Failures, UN Wants US to Publish Drone Strike Info: P.M. Links
(Defence Images / Foter / CC BY-NC)
Former Speaker of the House Tom Foley, of Spokane, Wash., has died at age 84.
- With the government shutdown spectacle over, Republicans can now turn their attention to the abysmal launch of the Obamacare exchanges. According to one Republican congressmember, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius is resisting calls to testify about the troubles.
- A United Nations investigator is urging the United States to publish more data about drone strikes and civilian casualties. This will no doubt happen, once they lose several more Freedom of Information Act lawsuits.
- A police car in the Columbus, Ohio, area and another car collided while the officer was responding to a robbery call. Six in the other car were killed, including four children.
- A SWAT team showed up at a Chicago-area high school because a teacher mistakenly thought she heard gunshots.
- Uganda has issued an alert based on U.S. intelligence, concerned that the country may face a terrorist attack similar to what befell the Westgate Mall in Nairobi, Kenya.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content.