- John Bolton has suggested that Hillary Clinton might have caught a "diplomatic illness" that prevented her from testifying on the Benghazi fiasco. The State Department maintains that Clinton fainted and hit her head.
- Samuel L. Jackson doesn't think gun control is the right way to address mass shootings.
- Several networks are projecting that Park Gyeun-hye will win South Korea's presidential election. She will be South Korea's first female president.
- Obama has announced the creation of a gun control task force. The announcement came shortly before the president was declared Time's "Person of the Year."
- French President Francois Hollande has proposed splitting banks' trading and lending operations.
- A bill backed by Netflix that will make it easier to share film-viewing habits was passed by the House.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!