• Our top story, of course, is the Balloon Boy thing. (Can we still call him "Balloon Boy" now?)
• The House rejects a measure to keep Gitmo detainees off U.S. soil.
• As the president possibly plans to send 40,000 more troops to Afghanistan and as Kabul prepares for a runoff election, the military tells embedded reporters to stop photographing dead soldiers. (For some history relevant to that last development, go here.)
• A kooky crusade against a "Muslim mafia" finds some supporters in Congress.
• "[T]hreatening a guy with 20 years in jail because you don't like his facial expressions when you deny him service seems a bit extreme."
• Here come the Teamster librarians.