"With tensions flaring between President Donald Trump and national security adviser Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, the Pentagon is considering options that would allow the President to potentially move the three-star general out of his current role and back into the military, according to half a dozen defense and administration officials."
- The U.S. women's hockey team beat Canada to win the gold medal at the Olympics.
- One assailant was killed in an attack on the U.S. embassy in Montenegro.
- Iran's deputy foreign minister says the nation may withdraw from the 2015 nuclear deal.
- Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov says Russia will consider supporting a U.N. ceasefire in Syria.
- The president of Ford's North American operations will leave the company over "inappropriate behavior."