Reasonreacts to President Trump's Tuesday-night State of the Union (SOTU) speech:
- …on "The Prejudicial Cynicism of Trump's SOTU Talk About MS-13"
- …on Trump's promotion of 'right to try' experimental treatments
- …on Trump taking credit for low black employment
- …. on Trump's nod to prison reform
- … on Trump's call for prescription drug price controls
- Post-speech wrap-Up video with Katherine Mangu-Ward, Peter Suderman, and Matt Welch
- Find the full text of Trump's SOTU speech here.
- Adult star Stormy Daniels released a written statement denying that she had an affair with Trump in 2006.
- The Venezuelan government is issuing its own cryptocurrency.
- "The Iranian nation will never give up Imam Khomeini's legacy; Islamism and Republicanism," Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said Wednesday. "Return is impossible."
- Trump signed an order last night to keep Guantanamo Bay prison open.
The new framework aims to keep everyone learning at the same level for as long as possible.
"It feels like we've gone from tragedy to farce."
“Our only job today, is to give the law’s terms their ordinary meanings and, in that small way, ensure that the federal government does not exceed its statutory license.”
A Messina, New York, police officer is under investigation after video showed him intentionally slamming a door into a car several times.