Reasonreacts to President Trump's Tuesday-night State of the Union (SOTU) speech:
- …on "The Prejudicial Cynicism of Trump's SOTU Talk About MS-13"
- …on Trump's promotion of 'right to try' experimental treatments
- …on Trump taking credit for low black employment
- …. on Trump's nod to prison reform
- … on Trump's call for prescription drug price controls
- Post-speech wrap-Up video with Katherine Mangu-Ward, Peter Suderman, and Matt Welch
- Find the full text of Trump's SOTU speech here.
- Adult star Stormy Daniels released a written statement denying that she had an affair with Trump in 2006.
- The Venezuelan government is issuing its own cryptocurrency.
- "The Iranian nation will never give up Imam Khomeini's legacy; Islamism and Republicanism," Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said Wednesday. "Return is impossible."
- Trump signed an order last night to keep Guantanamo Bay prison open.
"Touching someone's arm to get their attention, I would have thought was normal."
California's progressive political imperatives are having such glaring real-world repercussions that it's hard to keep ignoring them.
This Case, Which Resulted in a 20-Year Prison Sentence, Supposedly Showed How Florida's 'Stand Your Ground' Law Lets People Get Away With Murder
Michael Drejka said he had to shoot Markeis McGlockton in self-defense. Jurors disagreed.
A Department of Justice lawyer in every pot.
Naama Issachar, a 26-year-old woman who was arrested while catching a connecting flight in Moscow, was charged with drug smuggling.