The United States will bring its nuclear bombers back to 24-hour alert for the first time since 1981.
- Former president Jimmy Carter says the media have been harder on President Trump than his predecessors.
- Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) bemoaned rich youth who got bone spur deferments to avoid the draft for the war in Vietnam, widely interpreted as a broadside aimed at Trump.
- The five living former presidents appeared on stage together in Texas for a fundraiser for hurricane victims.
- Czech billionaire Andrej Babis, dubbed the "Czech Donald Trump," will work on forming a cabinet after his party won parliamentary elections.
- The party of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe won big in elections in Japan, likely securing Abe's premiership through 2021.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content.
Start your day with Reason. Get a daily brief of the most important stories and trends every weekday morning when you subscribe to Reason Roundup.