At least 50 people were killed in the course of a mass shooting in Las Vegas.
- President Trump dedicated a golf trophy to the people of Puerto Rico, which was devastated last month by Hurricane Maria.
- The president also contradicted Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on whether negotiation with North Korea was still possible.
- Ohio Governor John Kasich suggested he could leave the Republican Party if it didn't fix itself.
- ISIS claimed responsibility for two women stabbed at a train station in Marseilles.
- Police in Catalonia attacked voters trying to participate in a referendum on independence that Spain insists is illegal—yes on independence won overwhelmingly.
- O.J. Simpson was released from prison.
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
This is bending the Lanham Act until it nearly breaks
The black market still dominates. And more enforcement and fines aren’t going to fix it.
The "assault weapons" that the presidential contender wants to confiscate are not especially deadly, but the symbolism of that policy is poisonous.