At least 50 people were killed in the course of a mass shooting in Las Vegas.
- President Trump dedicated a golf trophy to the people of Puerto Rico, which was devastated last month by Hurricane Maria.
- The president also contradicted Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on whether negotiation with North Korea was still possible.
- Ohio Governor John Kasich suggested he could leave the Republican Party if it didn't fix itself.
- ISIS claimed responsibility for two women stabbed at a train station in Marseilles.
- Police in Catalonia attacked voters trying to participate in a referendum on independence that Spain insists is illegal—yes on independence won overwhelmingly.
- O.J. Simpson was released from prison.