"Staunch conservative allies of President Trump erupted in anger and incredulity late Wednesday after Democrats announced the president had agreed to pursue a legislative deal that would protect thousands of young undocumented immigrants from deportation but not secure Trump's signature campaign promise: building a massive wall along the U.S.-Mexico border."
- President Trump is denying this morning that any DACA deal was reached with the Democrats. He also tweeted out these comments: "Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military?… They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own—brought in by parents at young age."
- Eight residents of a Florida nursing home died after Hurricane Irma knocked out the air conditioning system.
- North Korea has threatened to "sink" Japan with a nuclear attack in retaliation for the latest U.N. sanctions.
- Sean Spicer and Chelsea Manning have been named visiting fellows at the Institute of Politics at Harvard's Kennedy School.
- Russian military exercises in Belarus have set NATO on edge.
"She's a favorite of the Russians and they have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far."
San Francisco Falafel Shop Owner Says Neighborhood Has Enough Falafel, Asks City to Block Rival Falafel Shop Next Door
San Francisco gives its Planning Commission nearly unlimited discretion to deny or condition permits, making life hell for business owners.
The company says it will sell only tobacco, mint, and menthol pods unless and until the FDA officially approves other varieties.
Chicago Teachers Go on Strike to Demand Higher Pay, Smaller Class Sizes, New Schools, More Staff, and Affordable Housing
More than 300,000 students in Chicago were out of school on Friday as the teachers strike continued.