"Staunch conservative allies of President Trump erupted in anger and incredulity late Wednesday after Democrats announced the president had agreed to pursue a legislative deal that would protect thousands of young undocumented immigrants from deportation but not secure Trump's signature campaign promise: building a massive wall along the U.S.-Mexico border."
- President Trump is denying this morning that any DACA deal was reached with the Democrats. He also tweeted out these comments: "Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military?… They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own—brought in by parents at young age."
- Eight residents of a Florida nursing home died after Hurricane Irma knocked out the air conditioning system.
- North Korea has threatened to "sink" Japan with a nuclear attack in retaliation for the latest U.N. sanctions.
- Sean Spicer and Chelsea Manning have been named visiting fellows at the Institute of Politics at Harvard's Kennedy School.
- Russian military exercises in Belarus have set NATO on edge.
Amy Coney Barrett Thinks the Second Amendment Prohibits Blanket Bans on Gun Possession by People With Felony Records
The SCOTUS contender's 2019 dissent will alarm gun control supporters but reassure people who want judges to take this constitutional provision as seriously as others.
Amy Coney Barrett Demolishes the Qualified Immunity Claim of a Detective Accused of Framing a Man for Murder
The case is an encouraging sign that the SCOTUS contender is not the sort of judge who bends over backward to shield cops from liability for outrageous misconduct.
Voting for Libertarian, Green, or independent candidates will not mean “throwing your vote away.”
Yes, the 1619 Project Actually Suggests That Year Was America's True Founding, and Nikole Hannah-Jones Admits It
The New York Times tried to disassociate itself from a claim its reporter made just a few days ago.