In a speech yesterday in Springfield, Missouri, President Donald Trump launched his new push to overhaul the tax code.
- The death toll from Hurricane Harvey now stands at 38. That number is expected to rise.
- Two explosions have been reported at a flooded chemical plant near Houston.
- A pair of nuclear-capable U.S. bombers, joined by South Korean and Japanese jets, conducted exercises above the Korean peninsula today.
- A federal district judge issued a temporary injunction yesterday blocking parts of Texas' anti-sanctuary cities law from going into effect.
- "Russia is preparing to hold large-scale military exercises it says will be of a purely defensive nature, amid concerns in neighboring nations that the drills may be used as a precursor for an invasion."
Nothing is more permanent than an “emergency” mandate.
After Promising To Stop Land Seizures, the Biden Administration Just Stole This Family's Property for a Border Wall
"We are utterly devastated," said Baudilia Cavazos.
Joy Reid Said Vaccinated People Who Refuse To Wear Masks Are 'Irrational.' Fauci Didn't Correct Her.
Who's being irrationally paranoid?
Prosecutors initially suggested that the boy had a gun in his hand, but the government walked that back today.
Although a Defense Witness Says George Floyd's Death Should Not Have Been Deemed a Homicide, His Account Underlines Derek Chauvin's Culpability
The defense rested without calling Chauvin to the stand, and closing arguments are expected on Monday.