In a speech yesterday in Springfield, Missouri, President Donald Trump launched his new push to overhaul the tax code.
- The death toll from Hurricane Harvey now stands at 38. That number is expected to rise.
- Two explosions have been reported at a flooded chemical plant near Houston.
- A pair of nuclear-capable U.S. bombers, joined by South Korean and Japanese jets, conducted exercises above the Korean peninsula today.
- A federal district judge issued a temporary injunction yesterday blocking parts of Texas' anti-sanctuary cities law from going into effect.
- "Russia is preparing to hold large-scale military exercises it says will be of a purely defensive nature, amid concerns in neighboring nations that the drills may be used as a precursor for an invasion."
The former vice president's vision of an all-powerful government goes far beyond massive spending and tax hikes.
Lawmakers are bribing citizens with a tiny tax break in exchange for the power to jack up income tax rates down the line.
The Hunter Biden story has exposed the media's selective skepticism.
Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos on schooling during COVID-19, the future of higher ed, and why her cabinet department probably shouldn't exist at all