Fired FBI Director James Comey told the Senate Intelligence Committee today that he believed President Donald Trump fired him after he wouldn't do what Trump wanted with the Russian investigation. But he stopped short of saying he believed Trump's behavior should be considered obstruction of justice.
- Trump's lawyer has responded by saying Comey's testimony actually proves that Trump was not trying to influence the investigation and also attacked Comey for leaking his recollection of their private conversations to the press.
- Trump himself described his administration as being "under siege" at a conference today, but promised he'll come out of the fight "bigger and better and stronger than ever."
- If Trump has you all exhausted you could try winning the $435 million Powerball lottery jackpot instead.
- Hawaii is the first state to pass legislation that would align its environmental goals with the Paris Climate Accord.
- Iran is not impressed by the way Trump responded to attacks from the Islamic State within their country. He said, "[S]tates that sponsor terrorism risk falling victim to the evil they promote."
The New York Times Wonders Aloud If Tulsi Gabbard's Anti-War, Anti-Establishment Message Makes Her a Stooge for Nazis and Russian Bots
The article ignores Gabbard's arguments for a less interventionist foreign policy, preferring to speculate about foreigners and fascists.
Trust in the media is at historic lows.
The mainstream media are channeling Dr. Zaius, the elitist orangutan from Planet of the Apes, who hid dark secrets out of misguided paternalism.
The American Priority Festival gave a glimpse inside the world where deep state theories thrive.
"The safety of our children in school is paramount, today more than ever," said the police chief.