While Obama talks of pardoning Chelsea Manning, he's also been busy expanding NSA power, again.
- Trump has spent the morning, per usual, tweeting inflammatory condemnations of various political groups and intelligence agencies.
- What's taking Facebook so long to take down a Live video of a 12-year-old committing suicide?
- There's a high cost to human-trafficking "awareness" campaigns.
- Inauguration weekend is going to be weird.
- On the rise and fall of potato skins.
- "Effective immediately, Cuban nationals who attempt to enter the United States illegally and do not qualify for humanitarian relief will be subject to removal, consistent with U.S. law and enforcement priorities," Obama said in a Thursday statement.
Simply put: Republicans agree not to vote on a replacement for Ginsburg until January; Democrats agree not to pack the Court.
If only that signaled a broader respect for legal limits on executive power.
Democrats Scuttle Marijuana Decriminalization Vote Over Fears of Not Being Deferential Enough to Cop Lobbyists
If Congress is too afraid to vote on marijuana reform, how the hell are they ever going to pass policing reform?