President-elect Donald Trump said he would leave his business "in total" before assuming the presidency, yielding Twitter praise from the Office of Government Ethics. Trump indicated he would nominate Steve Mnuchin to be treasury secretary.
- Nancy Pelosi was re-elected House Minority Leader.
- The Charlotte police officer who shot and killed Keith Scott was justified in doing so, the local district attorney ruled.
- More than 14,000 people have fled Gatlinburg and nearby Pigeon Rick as fires continue to burn in Tennessee.
- Saudi Arabia helped push OPEC nations into a deal to cut production by more than previously expected.
- The government in Italy raised public sector pay ahead of a constitutional reform referendum on which the prime minister has staked his career.
- "Does this haircut make me look like a Nazi?"
A class-action lawsuit is now challenging the DEA's habit of seizing large amounts of cash from travelers without evidence of any crime.
Isabel Fall is canceled. It's the science fiction world's loss.
The Institute for Justice asks the Supreme Court to clarify a doctrine that shields cops from responsibility for outrageous conduct.
Biden tells the New York Times he would revoke Section 230 protections and hold Facebook (and other sites) liable for their content.