President-elect Donald Trump said he would leave his business "in total" before assuming the presidency, yielding Twitter praise from the Office of Government Ethics. Trump indicated he would nominate Steve Mnuchin to be treasury secretary.
- Nancy Pelosi was re-elected House Minority Leader.
- The Charlotte police officer who shot and killed Keith Scott was justified in doing so, the local district attorney ruled.
- More than 14,000 people have fled Gatlinburg and nearby Pigeon Rick as fires continue to burn in Tennessee.
- Saudi Arabia helped push OPEC nations into a deal to cut production by more than previously expected.
- The government in Italy raised public sector pay ahead of a constitutional reform referendum on which the prime minister has staked his career.
- "Does this haircut make me look like a Nazi?"
The black market still dominates. And more enforcement and fines aren’t going to fix it.
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
Advocating for gun control is no longer enough. On Thursday night, the Democratic presidential candidates promised gun confiscation.
The "assault weapons" that the presidential contender wants to confiscate are not especially deadly, but the symbolism of that policy is poisonous.