Republican frontrunner Donald Trump says he'd look for a political "insider" as his running mate to balance his "outsider" status, although he also insisted he was a "political" person, comparing the process of getting permission to build on the Upper West Side to negotiating an Israel-Palestine peace deal. When he flirted with a run in the 2000 election, Trump floated Oprah Winfrey as a potential running mate, and repeated that idea again last year.
- President Obama may be considering Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval (R) for a nomination to the Supreme Court.
- Nevada Sen. Harry Reid (D) has endorsed Hillary Clinton, while Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) endorsed Ted Cruz.
- A new bill introduced in Congress to eliminate the use of money bail in the federal court system.
- Former California State Sen. Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) was sentenced to five years in prison on charges related to public corruption and conspiracy to traffic weapons and launder money.
- A plane in Nepal crashed halfway through its 19 minute flight, killing all 23 passengers on board.
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
It took a jury 26 minutes to decide that Jonathan Vanderhagen wasn't guilty.
A court ruled that officers did not have enough information to know whether or not stealing violates the Constitution.
Many arms of government are unpopular with large swathes of the American population.
Conservatives deploy state power to go after speech they don't like.