Republican frontrunner Donald Trump says he'd look for a political "insider" as his running mate to balance his "outsider" status, although he also insisted he was a "political" person, comparing the process of getting permission to build on the Upper West Side to negotiating an Israel-Palestine peace deal. When he flirted with a run in the 2000 election, Trump floated Oprah Winfrey as a potential running mate, and repeated that idea again last year.
- President Obama may be considering Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval (R) for a nomination to the Supreme Court.
- Nevada Sen. Harry Reid (D) has endorsed Hillary Clinton, while Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) endorsed Ted Cruz.
- A new bill introduced in Congress to eliminate the use of money bail in the federal court system.
- Former California State Sen. Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) was sentenced to five years in prison on charges related to public corruption and conspiracy to traffic weapons and launder money.
- A plane in Nepal crashed halfway through its 19 minute flight, killing all 23 passengers on board.