Brusselsentered a third day of partial lockdown as authorities hunt for suspects in the Paris terrorist attack as well as an unspecified planned attack, while the United Kingdom will join France in intensifying air strikes against ISIS.
- Migrants in Greece called for a hunger strike and blocked cross-border rail traffic as they demanded to be allowed passage to Western Europe.
- Chris Christie is not willing to challenge the claim by Donald Trump that he saw Arabs in New Jersey celebrating 9/11 on television.
- Sixteen people were injured in New Orleans after two groups at a crowded park started shooting at each other.
- The inspector general for NASA says the space agency is not ready to send astronauts into deep space.
- A Pepsi smartphone is being crowdfunded in China.
- The Golden State Warriors have tied an NBA record with their 15-0 start.
New at Reason.com:
- Brickbat: And if That Doesn't Work… By Charles Oliver
- Tackling the Islamic State Requires Realistic Goals No-fly zones and ground invasions aren't the solution. By Steve Chapman
- Do Pot and Pregnancy Mix? The evidence concerning marijuana's effect on fetuses is mixed and incomplete. By Jacob Sullum
- Let the Refugees In We shouldn't fear extending our hand to those who flee oppression. A world of zero risk is not an option, but the risk here is not significant. By Sheldon Richman
- The FDA's New Food Safety Rules Won't Accomplish Much More regulation for very little return. By Baylen Linnekin