U.S. intelligence sources say the crash of a Russian jetliner over Egypt was most likely caused by a bomb planted by ISIS or an ISIS affiliate.
- The death of the Fox Lake cop that launched a manhunt in Illinois has been ruled a suicide. The officer had reportedly been stealing from a youth charity.
- Police at the University of California-Merced shot a student who allegedly went on a stabbing spree that injured five.
- The Supreme Court in Mexico ruled that individuals should have the right to grow and distribute marijuana for their own personal use.
- The president of the Maldives declared a state of emergency ahead of a major planned anti-government protest.
- A police constable in England who tried to arrange to have sex with a teen runaway whose mother reported her missing faces up to four years in jail after pleading guilty to official misconduct and possession of indecent photos of minors.
New at Reason.com:
- Beat the Elite: Politicians in Washington want to tell you what to do and take your money for it. By John Stossel
- Obamacare Could Have Been Worse: The federal government's new health plans are a case study in how bad the public option would have been. By Peter Suderman
- Bernie Sanders Is Right on Marijuana, But Not Enough: Time to treat pot like alcohol. By A. Barton Hinkle
- Affirmative Action, Unions, Asset Forfeiture: 3 SCOTUS Cases To Watch: The Supreme Court may end mandatory union dues for California school teachers and limit state taking of property. By Meredith Bragg & Damon Root