After getting stung by both Carly Fiorina and Jeb Bush at the debate last night, Donald Trump was playing nice about the other candidates today, though he thinks he won the debate. But then everybody always thinks they won the debate.
- The Federal Reserve will not be raising borrowing rates, continuing its nine-year stretch.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders has introduced legislation to abolish private prisons with the "Justice is not for Sale Act." Hey, he also managed to avoid making a silly acronym.
- A Virginia high school has suspended 20 students for wearing clothing with the Confederate flag on it. The school also forbids students from displaying the flag on their vehicles.
- The death toll from flash flooding in southern Utah is up to 19.
- At least 11 are dead from a magnitude 8.3 earthquake that struck Chile yesterday evening.
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
Conservatives deploy state power to go after speech they don't like.
Many arms of government are unpopular with large swathes of the American population.
It took a jury 26 minutes to decide that Jonathan Vanderhagen wasn't guilty.
Navy Confirms Authenticity of UFO Videos Published by Blink-182 Frontman's Extraterrestrial Research Organization
The videos show a U.S. military jet's encounter with what appears to be a fast-moving, unidentified object.