The leading Republican presidential candidates debated for three hours last night at the Ronald Reagan Library in California.
- Are Democrats starting to get nervous about Hillary Clinton's chances in 2016?
- A Seattle police officer has been fired after she arrested an elderly black man for refusing to drop a golf club that he was using as a cane. The officer claimed the man swung the cane at her at one point during in their encounter, but dashboard video failed to support her statement.
- Ahmed Mohamed, the Texas 9th grader arrested after the homemade clock he brought to school was mistaken for a bomb, is reportedly thinking about transferring to a different school.
- The United States has agreed to talks with Russia over Russian military support of Syrian President Bashar Assad.
- Presidential guard officers have staged a coup in Burkina Faso.
New at Reason
- Brickbat: All's Not Well in Wellington By Charles Oliver
- What Will Emails Clinton Thought She Destroyed Reveal? Some 33,000 emails Hillary Clinton thought she destroyed probably still could be recovered. By Judge Andrew Napolitano
- Giving Power to the People, Not Unions Parsing Scott Walker's labor policy plans. By Veronique de Rugy
- A Presidential Debate About…Ideas! That's the good news. The bad news: the ideas. By Matt Welch and Jim Epstein