A.M. Links: GOP Debate, Democrats Growing Nervous About Hillary, U.S. and Russia Will Talk Syria
The leading Republican presidential candidates debated for three hours last night at the Ronald Reagan Library in California.
- Are Democrats starting to get nervous about Hillary Clinton's chances in 2016?
- A Seattle police officer has been fired after she arrested an elderly black man for refusing to drop a golf club that he was using as a cane. The officer claimed the man swung the cane at her at one point during in their encounter, but dashboard video failed to support her statement.
- Ahmed Mohamed, the Texas 9th grader arrested after the homemade clock he brought to school was mistaken for a bomb, is reportedly thinking about transferring to a different school.
- The United States has agreed to talks with Russia over Russian military support of Syrian President Bashar Assad.
- Presidential guard officers have staged a coup in Burkina Faso.
New at Reason
- Brickbat: All's Not Well in Wellington By Charles Oliver
- What Will Emails Clinton Thought She Destroyed Reveal? Some 33,000 emails Hillary Clinton thought she destroyed probably still could be recovered. By Judge Andrew Napolitano
- Giving Power to the People, Not Unions Parsing Scott Walker's labor policy plans. By Veronique de Rugy
- A Presidential Debate About…Ideas! That's the good news. The bad news: the ideas. By Matt Welch and Jim Epstein