The historic day has arrived: Gay marriage is now legal in all 50 states, thanks to the Supreme Court's 5-4 ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges.
- Reminder: the libertarian movement has been at the forefront of the cause of gay marriage for decades.
- The Washington Post's Ilya Somin, a leading libertarian legal blogger, writes that he agrees with the decision, though not its reasoning.
- The decision "is already being used to sell you washing machines."
- Freedom to Marry, a pro-gay marriage group, will close its doors in a matter of months, its goals accomplished.
- Politico's Dylan Byers wonders about the ethics of journalism outlets unabashedly declaring their support for gay marriage.
- If all the gay marriage stuff wasn't enough good news for you, how about this: Disney is banning selfie sticks.
- Freddie de Boer makes the case for legal polygamy.
- The Scalia insult generator is a lot of fun. Mine: "One would think that Robby's mind is tutti-frutti applesauce. Words no longer have meaning."
After the Cops Seized Her Car, the Government Waited Five Years Before Giving Her a Chance To Get It Back
In Massachusetts, Malinda Harris argues, civil asset forfeiture routinely violates the right to due process.
The cultural views of elite white liberals are not popular with many minorities.
Michigan Farmer Rescued Injured Animals Without the Proper Permits. State Officials Have Charged Her With a Misdemeanor and Euthanized the Animals.
State officials euthanized six of Julie Hall's animals, including Sassy, a blind raccoon, and Po, a one-legged crow.
Plus: The era of sovereign influencers, a new experiment in universal basic income, and more...