The White House has issued eight veto threats so far this month, the most since President Reagan began the year 1985.
- Confirmation hearings for attorney general nominee Loretta Lynch begin today in the Senate.
- Boston and portions of New England received up to three feet of snow, but New York City and the tri-state area were spared despite extreme forecasts.
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver (D) will step down from his post of 21 years as he faces federal corruption charges.
- The FBI says a bomb threat against an airplane departing Los Angeles is the fourth online threat against a passenger flight in the last week.
- State police in Michigan say they want permission to use drones for aerial surveillance of crash sites and other emergency situations.
- Astronomers say they've found rings 200 times the size of Saturn's around a planet orbiting the star J1407. Meanwhile, UFO hunters say a photo released by NASA shows the shadow of a man with an oxygen tank tinkering with the Mars Curiosity rover.
Brett Kavanaugh Faces a New Accusation in The New York Times, but the Alleged Victim Didn't Confirm It
Plus: Andrew Yang opts out of cancel culture, Andrew Cuomo wants to crack down on flavored e-cigarettes, and more...
Comedy, meet cancel culture
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
Woman Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Selling $31 of Marijuana Lands Back in Jail for Court Fees
Fines continued to pile up for almost a decade.
Ontario has lost millions trying to sell cannabis.