The U.S. will ease Cuban travel restrictions beginning Friday.
- Pope Francis is receiving a lot of criticism for his comments on the Charlie Hebdo attacks. According to the pope, people should expect consequences for insulting Muslims.
- Vox's culture editor claims Selma wasn't nominated for more Oscars because the judges are old white guys.
- Raif Badawi, the blogger facing persecution by the Saudi government, is set to receive 50 more lashes on Friday.
- Duke University had planned to allow Muslim students to conduct a prayer call from within its chapel. That decision was reversed due to complaints.
- The Belgian police prevented a terrorist attack. ISIS is suspected.
- Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis opened up about her recent health problems and regrets about not being able to run for mayor.
Start your day with Reason. Get a daily brief of the most important stories and trends every weekday morning when you subscribe to Reason Roundup.