The most-read page on the CIA website this year was a 1998 report attributing many of the UFO sightings of the 50s and 60s to the agency's U-2 program.
- Authorities in the United Kingdom say they've arrested a member of the hacking group Lizard Squad, which they allege was behind the hacking of the Playstation and Xbox gaming networks.
- Police in Shanghai ruled out the presence of fake cash as the cause of a New Year's Eve stampede that killed at least 36 people.
- Oregon defeated Florida State in the Rose Bowl to advance to the college football playoff title game.
- Two Apple users are suing the company because its latest mobile operating system, iOS 8, takes up hard drive space on devices.
- The former Democratic New York governor, Mario Cuomo, died aged 82.
The findings suggest that people infected in Connecticut were 10 times as likely to die as people infected in Utah or Oregon.
Trump’s lawyer was caught on camera in a hotel room...tucking in his shirt.
Massive Rent Declines in America's Most Expensive Cities Prove, Once Again, That Supply and Demand Is Real
San Francisco, New York City, Boston, and other large metro areas have posted double-digit drops in rent.
President Donald Trump and Gov. Scott Walker promised thousands of jobs in return for billions of dollars in subsidies from the state. More than two years later, there's little to show for it.
Betting sites have a better record of predicting election outcomes than most polls and pundits.