A.M. Links: CIA Takes Credit for UFO Sightings, Hacker Arrest in UK, Oregon Defeats Florida State
The most-read page on the CIA website this year was a 1998 report attributing many of the UFO sightings of the 50s and 60s to the agency's U-2 program.
- Authorities in the United Kingdom say they've arrested a member of the hacking group Lizard Squad, which they allege was behind the hacking of the Playstation and Xbox gaming networks.
- Police in Shanghai ruled out the presence of fake cash as the cause of a New Year's Eve stampede that killed at least 36 people.
- Oregon defeated Florida State in the Rose Bowl to advance to the college football playoff title game.
- Two Apple users are suing the company because its latest mobile operating system, iOS 8, takes up hard drive space on devices.
- The former Democratic New York governor, Mario Cuomo, died aged 82.