Whatever odd reasons might cause the Democrats to lose big in today's election, the White House wants to make clear that it's most assuredly not because of them.
- Citizens of Guam today voted to legalize medical marijuana there. They are the first U.S. territory to do so.
- A Russian member of the Taliban captured in Afghanistan is the first detainee to be brought to the United States to stand trial.
- Mexican police have captured the fugitive ex-mayor blamed for the disappearance of 43 student teachers that are believed to have been murdered.
- Supreme Court justices appear sympathetic that whistleblower protections should apply to an air marshal who exposed to the media a lack of security on certain long-distance flights.
- Reminder: After polls close today, we will be using our Reason 24/7 newsfeed and our Reason 24/7 Twitter account to help folks keep track of pivotal midterm election results.