The U.S. is not prepared to ban flights from West Africa over Ebola but will institute additional passenger screening in the U.S. and West Africa.
- Sen. Bob Casey (D-Pa.) is the latest senator calling for a debate and a vote on authorizing the use of military force against ISIS, the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. As ISIS tries to seize a Syrian town near the Turkish border, Turkey's foreign minister says NATO has a plan should ISIS attack the country.
- Democrats in the House of Representatives say they've been abandoned by labor and environmental groups ahead of the midterm elections.
- The Republican governor of Pennsylvania, Tom Corbett, who looks headed for defeat in November, wants a bill passed that would criminalize behavior by convicts found to cause their victims continued "mental anguish." The bill was introduced after Mumia Abu Jamal, convicted of killing a Philadelphia cop in 1981, gave a commencement address at a college in Vermont.
- The State Department says it's concerned by border skirmishes between Pakistan and India.
- The Mexican army has taken over security in Iguala after 43 students disappeared and a mass grave was found.
The FBI Seized Heirlooms, Coins, and Cash From Hundreds of Safe Deposit Boxes in Beverly Hills, Despite Knowing 'Some' Belonged to 'Honest Citizens'
Victims of the FBI's constitutionally dubious raid say they've been told to come forward and identify themselves if they want their stuff back.
The new framework aims to keep everyone learning at the same level for as long as possible.
Trump imposed huge tariffs on imported steel and Biden is keeping them in place even as American businesses beg for relief.
Government officials who wield land grabs to pick economic winners and losers now want to use them to kill disfavored businesses.