A video released today appears to show American journalist Steven Sotloff executed by terrorist group the Islamic State (ISIL). The video ends with a threat to execute British citizen David Cawthorne Haines.
- Germany has banned Uber across the whole country. Uber faces huge fines should it try to defy the ban. How could they treat a company with a German name so badly?
- Detroit's bankruptcy trial kicks off today to determine whether the city's reorganizational plan is valid.
- A third U.S. aid worker, a doctor, has been infected with the Ebola virus in Liberia.
- A federal court in Texas is hearing arguments today about whether the state's voter ID law is legal.
- Jurors are now deliberating the fate of former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and his wife, charged with corruption and peddling his influence to a vitamin company executive.
If the findings are true, that's really great news.
A SWAT Team Blew Up This Family's House While Chasing a Shoplifter. The Supreme Court Won't Hear the Case.
And no, it wasn't the shoplifter's home.
The Occupational Freedom and Opportunity Act "will save thousands of Floridians both time and money for years to come," says Gov. Ron DeSantis.
The media and activists are using revisionist history of the Stonewall Riots to fit their intersectional narrative.