Islamic State Executes Another Journalist, Germany Bans Uber, Detroit's Bankruptcy Trial Kicks Off: P.M. Links
A video released today appears to show American journalist Steven Sotloff executed by terrorist group the Islamic State (ISIL). The video ends with a threat to execute British citizen David Cawthorne Haines.
- Germany has banned Uber across the whole country. Uber faces huge fines should it try to defy the ban. How could they treat a company with a German name so badly?
- Detroit's bankruptcy trial kicks off today to determine whether the city's reorganizational plan is valid.
- A third U.S. aid worker, a doctor, has been infected with the Ebola virus in Liberia.
- A federal court in Texas is hearing arguments today about whether the state's voter ID law is legal.
- Jurors are now deliberating the fate of former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and his wife, charged with corruption and peddling his influence to a vitamin company executive.