The Federal Reserve says auto sales led modest growth in the economy last month, but payroll firm ADP reports an unexpectedly low 179,000 private sector jobs created in May (and April numbers were revised downward).
- Twenty-five years later, people still wonder about the identity of the mysterious man who faced down a tank in Tiananmen Square. Ten of thousands of people gathered in Hong Kong to mark the anniversary.
- The Taliban released video of the handover of American prisoner Bowe Bergdahl to U.S. forces. His exchange for Guantanamo detainees shows no sign of becoming any less controversial.
- In case you're wondering, Hillary Clinton still plays coy over whether she'll run for president in 2016.
- Google is rolling out a Chrome extension that will encrypt Gmail. Much gnashing of teeth at the NSA to ensue.
- Unshockingly, Syria's President Bashar Assad won reelection in a stage-managed event. He had two "opponents," both approved by the government.