About that recovering economy…U.S. gross domestic product fell by 1 percent in the first three months of 2014.
- The White House is, again, in damage-control mode after that accidental outing of the CIA's Afghanistan station chief to the media.
- Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki looks like a sacrificial political offering as Democrats facing election challenges line up with the GOP for a shot at the scandal-plagued official.
- You know that missing Malaysian passenger jet that just won't leave the headlines? Australian officials say they've been looking in the wrong place.
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo says he'll campaign against state senators who don't vote for taxpayer funding of statewide political campaigns. Campaigns like his, presumably.
- Saying he's been punished for resisting pressure to profile young drivers and meet quotas for issuing traffic tickets, a New Jersey cop filed suit against the Mendham Township Police Department.