About that recovering economy…U.S. gross domestic product fell by 1 percent in the first three months of 2014.
- The White House is, again, in damage-control mode after that accidental outing of the CIA's Afghanistan station chief to the media.
- Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki looks like a sacrificial political offering as Democrats facing election challenges line up with the GOP for a shot at the scandal-plagued official.
- You know that missing Malaysian passenger jet that just won't leave the headlines? Australian officials say they've been looking in the wrong place.
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo says he'll campaign against state senators who don't vote for taxpayer funding of statewide political campaigns. Campaigns like his, presumably.
- Saying he's been punished for resisting pressure to profile young drivers and meet quotas for issuing traffic tickets, a New Jersey cop filed suit against the Mendham Township Police Department.
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
This is bending the Lanham Act until it nearly breaks
The black market still dominates. And more enforcement and fines aren’t going to fix it.
The "assault weapons" that the presidential contender wants to confiscate are not especially deadly, but the symbolism of that policy is poisonous.