The Supreme Court today upheld, 6-2, Michigan's ban on using affirmative action during the enrollment process for colleges.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) says she's not running for president in 2016, but her new book, A Fighting Chance, seems to read a lot like the kind of books put out by people planning runs for president.
- After an avalanche killed 13 of their peers, sherpas have abandoned this year's climbing season at Mount Everest.
- Russia is applying pressure to Ukraine by demanding the country prepay for Russian gas unless it starts paying down its debt.
- Today marks 10 years since NFL player turned Army Ranger Pat Tillman was killed by friendly fire just weeks after arriving in Afghanistan.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico, police officers shot and killed a 19-year-old woman during a chase. She's the third person killed by Albuquerque officers in five weeks. Police claim that she pulled a gun on them during a foot pursuit.