Alec Baldwin's MSNBC Show Cancelled
Parting of ways allegedly mutual (yeah, right).
MSNBC and Alec Baldwin's management team announced Tuesday that they have "mutually" parted ways and the actor's six-week-old talk show host, "Up with Alec Baldwin," has been cancelled.
"We are jointly confirming that 'Up Late' will not continue on MSNBC," the network and Matthew Hiltzik, a representative for Baldwin said. MSNBC also added: "This is a mutual parting and we wish Alec all the best."
"Up Late" has been on a two-week hiatus, following Baldwin's suspension from the network in the wake of video footage of the actor allegedly shouting homophobic slurs to a paparazzo earlier in November. Baldwin has said he did not realize his first statement was a slur and has vowed to choose his words more carefully; he denied saying the second one.
Editor's Note: As of February 29, 2024, commenting privileges on reason.com posts are limited to Reason Plus subscribers. Past commenters are grandfathered in for a temporary period. Subscribe here to preserve your ability to comment. Your Reason Plus subscription also gives you an ad-free version of reason.com, along with full access to the digital edition and archives of Reason magazine. We request that comments be civil and on-topic. We do not moderate or assume any responsibility for comments, which are owned by the readers who post them. Comments do not represent the views of reason.com or Reason Foundation. We reserve the right to delete any comment and ban commenters for any reason at any time. Comments may only be edited within 5 minutes of posting. Report abuses.
Please
to post comments
Oh Alec...we hardly knew ye......!