MSNBC and Alec Baldwin's management team announced Tuesday that they have "mutually" parted ways and the actor's six-week-old talk show host, "Up with Alec Baldwin," has been cancelled.
"We are jointly confirming that 'Up Late' will not continue on MSNBC," the network and Matthew Hiltzik, a representative for Baldwin said. MSNBC also added: "This is a mutual parting and we wish Alec all the best."
"Up Late" has been on a two-week hiatus, following Baldwin's suspension from the network in the wake of video footage of the actor allegedly shouting homophobic slurs to a paparazzo earlier in November. Baldwin has said he did not realize his first statement was a slur and has vowed to choose his words more carefully; he denied saying the second one.