Eric Holder told the House Judiciary Committee today that he didn't formally recuse himself from the Associated Press leak hunt in writing, which seems problematic. He also apparently has absolutely no idea how many call records the Department of Justice has snagged from journalists.
- The White House has asked Sen. Chuck Schumer to reintroduce a press shield law. If they're referring to the last proposed version of the legislation, it has a huge exemption for national security that probably would have been invoked in the Associated Press case anyway.
- Anthony Weiner has reportedly hired a campaign manager, making it all the more likely there will be a lot of thinly veiled penis jokes during the race for mayor of New York.
- Human embryonic stem cells have been cloned by an international research team, potentially a significant scientific advancement.
- Another baker, this one in Mount Hood, Ore., is refusing to sell a wedding cake to a same-sex couple.
- The Los Angeles Unified School District has ordered schools to stop suspending students for being "defiant" (whatever that means) and to pursue alternative forms of discipline.
Spice up your blog or Website with Reason 24/7news and Reason articles! You can easily add a widget here.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.