Philadelphia abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell has been convicted of first-degree murder in the deaths of three babies that had been born alive at his clinic. Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty
- President Barack Obama at a press conference Monday claimed he just heard about the IRS targeting Tea Party groups for further review before granting tax-exempt status on Friday when an IRS leader finally admitted it. He vowed that those who were responsible would be held "fully accountable" if it's determined that their behavior was not neutral or non-partisan.
- At the same press conference, Obama insisted that the Benghazi questioning is just a "sideshow" rooted in politics.
- The latest sequestration scare tactic is claiming that the U.S. Forest Service will not have enough firefighters to tackle wildfires.
- The Department of Justice complied with an FOIA request for information about the Obama Administration's policy on intercepting text messages with a completely redacted 15-page document.
- A former sheriff in West Virginia will serve one year in federal prison for beating a robbery suspect.
- In Seattle, police will begin testing wearable cameras on their officers. Seattle Police are also known to give out a few beatings.
Spice up your blog or Website with Reason 24/7news and Reason articles! You can easily add a widget here.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.