Kerry Pledges to Answer Benghazi Questions
Spokesman dismisses reports of retaliation against whistleblowers
Secretary of State John Kerry on Tuesday pledged full cooperation with lawmakers' queries into last year's assault on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, while his spokesman dismissed reports that whistleblowers faced retaliation.
"We're prepared to work openly and accountably to answer any of those questions," Kerry told reporters.
"I'm determined that this will be an accountable and open State Department as it has been in the past and we will continue to provide answers," he said.
The assault on the U.S. mission in Benghazi last September 11, in which U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed, was a big headache for President Barack Obama's administration during the November elections.
Editor's Note: As of February 29, 2024, commenting privileges on reason.com posts are limited to Reason Plus subscribers. Past commenters are grandfathered in for a temporary period. Subscribe here to preserve your ability to comment. Your Reason Plus subscription also gives you an ad-free version of reason.com, along with full access to the digital edition and archives of Reason magazine. We request that comments be civil and on-topic. We do not moderate or assume any responsibility for comments, which are owned by the readers who post them. Comments do not represent the views of reason.com or Reason Foundation. We reserve the right to delete any comment and ban commenters for any reason at any time. Comments may only be edited within 5 minutes of posting. Report abuses.
Please
to post comments
"We're prepared to work openly and accountably to answer any of those questions," Kerry told reporters.
Then spill it. What's the delay?
"What difference, at this point, does it make?"